From the beginning and after much speculation with days, weeks, and months of primary campaigning to narrow the GOP’s pool of candidates for a strong choice of those that most closely represent the core values of Conservatives. The great race officially began. What we as conservatives, as well as those that identify more as “Christian first”, than conservatives underestimated was the “new deal direction” of this nation. The constant but subtle teachings in schools, universities, and even some churches with the sneaky infiltration of liberal leanings and desires. Which is why immediately into the primary campaign season conservatives watched the brutal character attacks upon their primary candidates, as one by one Bachmann, Cain, and Santorum faced some of the most despicable character assassinations seen in the political arena in years. Everything from sexual innuendo photos circulating of Michelle Bachmann (not to mention the grossly racially twisted misuse of her statements), the mysteriously appearing then disappearing ”ladies of Cain”, to the false and widely liberal spread lie of Santorum’s wife having an abortion. Everything and anything to tear down those that dared speak of, “christian values”, morals, ethics, regardless of messages that spoke of economics and employment. The movement of liberal progressiveness is to remove any religion that stands alone, one that will not submit to merging its theological views with another or even that of man’s rule is abhorred.
Conservatives are excellent at working hard, rallying back, as well as being strong warriors. We quickly banded primary candidate supporters together, and threw our energies with renewed vigor behind the few remaining GOP primary candidates to rally support for the primary elections. Once that choice was determined by the voters, we thrust ourselves into preparing for the republican convention. We (republican/conservatives/tea party) held well attended if not full house rallies. Millions of dollars were raised, on both sides of the political aisle to be spent on campaign ads, campaign signs, billboards and other paraphernalia, with last-minute stomps through “toss-up” states. The greatest race and most followed known to Americans, finished last night for President of the United States. Pres. Barack H. Obama won his race for reelection. Last night for many conservatives became too much to bear and for democrats a sweet victory of course with the opportunity to gloat and goad, all that gloating from those that call themselves the party of tolerance!
Being as active as I am on a good number of social media sites, I got to witness many acts of poor, make that distasteful in way, winners attacking and mocking conservatives, Christians, and anyone that declared “independent” in the past on these vessels of mass communication. I also saw some that represented themselves as one way, such as; Christian, behave in a manner that was most unchristian like! The thing about building affiliations with those that you can only assume to take at “screen value” is you have to give a benefit of a doubt to the content of their character, and regardless of their value similarity to your values, it’s still a gamble on their true person. I will be fair though and say, this country has been so divided by race, what is truthful, and a sinful disregard towards Christians, that I have to believe that some people were just extremely overwrought with the pent-up emotions from years of desiring better for this nation and for it to go back to the church not backwards in civil rights, pity though that their emotions got the best of them and spiraled out of control.
Reflecting back on last nights attacks to my person, over a simple Facebook posting of a picture that had Ron Paul’s picture on it, and even though I was only using for the worded message (yes I know Paul-bot, and an enemy of division to the true conservative cause as seen by many and myself), I in my tired state and trying to stay strong didn’t even think about the fact that Ron Paul’s image, a mistake that led to several people who address themselves very adamantly as “Christian first” conservatives, made some rude comments and then chose to block themselves from my page. Fine by me, because like I stated, allusions of character are prominent on social media sites. What came to mind though with their actions is this thought, “why would a christian be so distraught over a picture”? Then another thought occurred and this one I credit to God, as I do all those ideas, and thoughts in my head that makes more sense than I could have alone, “You all put too much faith in a man for your salvation”.
How true is that thought of putting so much faith in a mere mortal human-being during this earthly activity of electing a president? I woke up this morning reflecting on that thought (didn’t sleep well at all). I know I fell into that behavior too, all the while praying for God’s intervention into politics. I can say it appeared based on my own assumption that many others did the same exact thing too. We got caught up in the political fervor, not to say we lost sight of who the true leader, the king of Christians is, but we started looking to Gov. Mitt Romney to save us from the trials and tribulations in our lives and this nation as if he has Godly powers.
I had an uplifting and brief discussion this morning with some wonderful people on a social media site, and an acquaintance of a friend in this prayerful and uplifting conversation stated:
“…you know what… I have to ask myself questions too. Am I putting too much stock in this worlds government? Am I putting too much stock in America? Jesus wasn’t political, and he even said to render to Caesar what belongs to him, and to God what belongs to Him. It is time we as Christians no longer put our stock in this faulty system. It has divided us as a body. It has caused me to look at my brothers and sisters with disdain for voting for Obama. That shouldn’t be so. Be angry, but sin not (not even in your heart). I don’t appreciate the lame jokes and remarks I see. All the while knowing that spiritual darkness has been given a license to grow in America.
But even as I type this, The Lord is telling me “that is the problem. You CAN’T stop the kingdom of darkness through earthly government and politics. The weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but SPIRITUAL.”
Eloquence of words and truth that I couldn’t express, were expressed above by someone I would be proud to call my friend!
That my friends is the true answer! Our fundamental foundation in spiritual belief is shattered in pieces and while not being pieced together they are being trodden upon with impunity. God’s judgement will rain down and those blows will be with a ferocity of fury unlike any known to mankind. Christians are fed up and yet we are too forgiving in some sense, sugar-coating, and softly tread with those that are advocating to uprooting of christian’s true path instead of speaking with brimstone fire upon the conviction of their truth!
It is time friends for us to go towards the future with a new affirmation of how we continue about our lives in this nation and what actions each of us will choose. The time has come for you to make a choice that has nothing to do with a man’s governmental position, idolatry, or displaced blind faith in humanly powers all while shouting hallelujah at Sunday church services. Another wonderful christian friend shared with me and many others publicly the scripture of God quoted below. This scripture clearly addresses the true polarization of this nation’s progressive political movement that is leading us into darkness and judgement,
Isaiah 29:13: The Lord says, “These people worship me with their mouths and honor me with their lips. But their hearts are far from me, and their worship of me is Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men..
Your choices and the path you choose has been laid out before you, it is now the time to make that choice. God Bless.
The 2012 Presidential election campaign year, will probably hit the history annals as the year of the blatant surfacing of secreted bigotry (that which was only mentioned around trusted associates), racist name calling against minorities that are conservatives, excessive fear mongering, numerous early voting machine candidate defaults (fraud?), and last but not least of these; the devastating tragedies here on the homeland and abroad.
January 20, 2009, a very historical date for America, America swore into office the very first black man as President of the United States. Regardless of political affiliation or racial identity, many Americans that day were not so much as in awe (this is the U.S. you’re talking about the melting pot of the world), but felt a sense of satisfaction and thrill to be alive to see the day a black man was sworn under oath as President. Regardless of political affiliation I think it was a thrill for many because it showed the world and the doubters of our great nation that in due time all legal citizens of this nation could achieve anything with hard work, determination and fortitude.
I’m not trying to paint a picture here of great national harmony, because many Republican/Conservative voters were ambivalent to say the least about Barack Obama’s presidential win, and for good reason. Many conservatives like myself felt he was not only lacking experience, but also no one really knew exactly who he was? Who was this Senator from Illinois? How did he get so far so fast? Who and what connections did he have to gain so much, besides those that voted for him to “make history” thus electing a man based on the color of his skin and not the content of his character hardly anyone could attribute Barack Obama to any type of groundbreaking or significant piece of legislation in the senate, considering too he was absent a great amount of time. Although it is fair to say his name is on legislation for armament reduction, relief aid, and his biggest deception perpetrated throughout his tenure as POTUS, federal transparency laws. Obama is also well known for his immigration reform, which some say can be attributed to his family background and possible citizenship status.
Americans in 2009 under the presidential leadership of Barack H. Obama we endured:
- Stimulus packages with extensions on the “Bush Tax cuts”.
- Bank bailouts and significant homeowner’s foreclosures.
- Automotive federal bail-out funds which still led to the eventual “managed bankruptcy” of General motors and Chrysler.
- Healthcare mandate approved with a filibuster proof democrat majority in the senate (no concern with reaching across the aisle let alone transparency).
- Unemployment on the rise.
- Gays were not feeling the love yet with their chosen man for the White House.
By the end of the year some Americans were ringing in the new year 2010 with hope still in their hearts and very little change, while others were now having their suspicions of inadequacy and the federal government being so far to the left as to be detrimentally intrusive, as well as constitutionally offensive!
The year 2010 in a brief capsule:
- The Tea Party and the midterm elections. The Tea Party roared into power and replaced many a big named Washington legislators and installed their candidates in those seats.
- The Gulf Oil spill and Obama’s refusal to aid from other countries that have had experience, making obvious his lack of experience there.
- Ground Zero Mosque, once again Obama with his support and obvious Muslim adulation, while overtly disregarding so many of the citizens that he as POTUS is suppose to enact with their best interest in mind. He termed it as, “it was a demonstration of the right to practice religion.”
- Wikileaks. Remember Obama and his administration stated that Wikileaks endangered American, British and other coalition troops in Afghanistan with the posting of over 90,000 U.S. military documents online. Little did we know that Obama and his administration would do something just as bad that 22 elite military members would be dead at once. http://themostimportantnews.com/archives/the-wikileaks-scandal-explodes
The year of dire economics, numerous U.S. political events, as well as the turbulent global affairs was 2011:
- Flagrantly disregarding many a military leaders, Obama repealed the “Don’t ask, Don’t tell” law.
- Occupy Wall Street became the new street plague in many cities across the U.S. A movement that was so disjointed even the so called leaders of the faction had no idea of who was doing what, and what their true purpose was besides the incredible amount of crimes from rape, property destruction, and even murders among their fellow occupiers.
- Greece’s teeter on the brink of bankruptcy throws the European markets into an uproar.
- The United State’s credit is downgraded dealing a blow to the reputation of the “world’s economic superpower”. Standard’s poorer’s main reason? I quote, “political brinkmanship”. http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/sandp-considering-first-downgrade-of-us-credit-rating/2011/08/05/gIQAqKeIxI_story.html
- The shooting of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, and eighteen others with a total of six dead.
- Arab springs uprising/protests through out the Middle East, which resulted in the overthrow of three leaders, Egypt, Tunisia, and Libya with the emergence of the democratic elections.
- The GOP kicks off it’s presidential race.
- Osama Bin Laden is killed by Seal Team 6 on May 2. Events following this raid from the leak of team members identities to the after thought of those that aided the U.S. in gaining access to the Bin Laden was so poorly handled by Obama’s administration that cries of Treason and impeachment resonated throughout the land.
- Republicans take majority control of the House of Representatives, while in true form of focusing singularly on their liberal agenda, the democrats cannot work well nor quickly enough in true bipartisan form thus the debt ceiling crisis led to the aforementioned credit downgrade.
- It is finally the end of the Iraq war for the United States.
- Seal Team 6 makes history again within just 3 months of the killing of Osama Bin Laden, only this time tragically it is announced in August that 22 members of the elite team are dead in a helicopter crash that killed a total of 30 Americans. Within weeks some family members were stating that the unit was endangered by Obama’s administration statements. Let us not forget too the memoir published by Matt Bissonnette. http://articles.latimes.com/2011/aug/06/world/la-fg-afghanistan-chopper-20110807 http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/10/parents-seal-team-six-member-say-unit-endangered-by-obama-administration/
True hope for real change springs alive within Republican/Conservatives across the United States in 2012.
- Obama-care has it’s day in the Supreme Court, it is decided to be a constitutional health care tax mandate, with a 5-4 margin. The court stated, “In deciding to accept the government’s tax argument, the court wrote that “the question is not whether that is the most natural interpretation of the mandate, but only whether it is a ‘fairly possible’ one.” http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06/28/explaining-the-supreme-court-ruling-on-obamacare.html
- Iran is once again being an international media hoarder.
- Israel is still seeking the red line on Iran, and Gazans has finally honored a ceasefire with Israel in the Gaza Strip zone.
- Media bias is so blatantly obvious that outbursts and protest by conservatives and those that believe the media should report the news as it is, become a nationwide outburst with protest movements springing forth to demand true reporting.
- Presidential debates that have to be “fact checked” by the issue and many points made by the current POTUS are found to be regurgitated from his 2008 campaign as well as inaccurate memories. Presidential debate moderators that are very obviously biased except to the most severely by choice obtuse. A current President and Vice President, that has a serious problem with clearly and directly answering a single question put forth, as well as both behaving in such a condescending and arrogant manner as to turn off many an undecided voter…We thank thee for that much at least.
- 9/11 part 2, Libya Consulate attack Benghazi. The blundering security handling, and despicable protest fallacy perpetrated by Pres. Obama and his administration has once again rallied the cries of impeachment based on “dereliction of duties” at the very least! Just another “bump in the road” for this administration. http://townhall.com/columnists/peterferrara/2012/11/01/benghazi_obamas_shameful_dereliction_of_duty http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/4/after-benghazi-muslims-attack-free-speech/
- I could go on and on with the issues this year, but what’s mentioned above should suffice as a recap of 2012′s hot bed of issues, with the conclusion of the whirlwind and destruction of hurricane Sandy. While Presidents cannot be held accountable for the weather and it’s destruction, how they handle the situation has definitely been an issue of accountability in the past with liberals and their immediate finger pointing at Pres. G.W. Bush with Katrina. What the democrats never seem to grasp is that the larger a federal governmental department is, the amount of power it has, thus the more convoluted it’s handling of the tasks which are assigned to it’s department. FEMA (a division of the Department of Homeland Security) is once again not performing to task in a life or death timely matter. The President made his token briefing room appearance, his tour with Gov. Christie and back to the campaign trail, some are saying, “NOT ENOUGH”, get some help here and let your speakers and campaign mangers take those reins and pickup the reins of those that are in dire straits! Your potential voters. http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/the_rumble/2012/11/a-dereliction-of-duty
- Plane carrying ballots for Military crashed, as well as concern for our U.S. men and women of the armed services not having enough time to cast their absentee ballots. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/3/military-absentee-ballot-requests-plummet-from-200/?page=all
John Donne an English writer wrote a prose while recovering from a serious illness, that was broken down into sections of meditation, each one based on his perception of ”preternatural birth”, the return to life. In one section of the meditative prose he states, “”Now, this bell tolling for another, says to me, thou must die.” to continue on to state, “no man is an island”. Ernest Hemingway borrowed these famous words for his novel “For Whom the Bell Tolls” which is based upon his experience in the Spanish Civil war. I borrowed this title with no disrespect to Donne or Hemingway but because I felt it was appropriate for the subject. A significant theme in the Hemingway novel is that of political ideology and the nature of bigotry. Which sums up my opening statement regarding the last four years of racial divisiveness racist name calling, race baiting, and indescribable bigotry that has grown and not dispelled during Obama’s presidential term. Bigotry: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.
God Bless the U.S.A. We cast our votes and many a Christian Conservatives pray for a new and true leader of this great nation the United States of America.